Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Chemistry in Videos (perfect for middle school students)

Chemistry can be a difficult topic for middle school students to grasp.  I know that grades always seemed to drop a bit when we got to the chemistry unit.  I always wished that I had more time to spend on it because I think it's such an interesting topic.  Because of the abstract nature of chemistry, it is really hard to for young students to grasp the concepts.  When I can find video clips that help to conceptualize the abstract I feel like it's a big win.  I found just those videos and there are ones on properties of matter, phases of matter, atoms, physical and chemical changes, acids and bases, elements and compounds, mixtures, the periodic table and energy and matter.  Each video also comes with an interactive quiz that you can do with the students.  These videos are similar to BrainPop without having to have a subscription.

Which videos will you use with your students? 

No comments:

Post a Comment