Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Why Does the Moon Have Phases? - literacy activity

I recently came across a Live Science article entitled Why Does the Moon Have Phases? and thought that I had to figure out a way to use it in my classroom.  With literacy being pushed across the disciplines I am always looking for way to bring short articles into the classroom.   Plus, I like having a stockpile of them so I can use them as sub plans if I need to.
I created a simple worksheet to go along with this article.  You can download it free by clicking here and signing up for my e-mail list.

In addition, the Astronomical Society of the Pacific has some activities that were referenced in the article.  The link in the article doesn't seem to be working, but after a little research I believe I found the resources they are referring to.  This link will take you to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment