Sunday, September 28, 2014

Stations in the Middle School Classroom

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8377/8542448592_0ae5549efc_n.jpg
With the start of the new year I have one again tried something new in my classroom.  (I am always trying something new as I always want to make my classroom better!)  One of the things that I am trying with my 7th grade students is stations.

Right now I have been setting up around 4 stations for each topic and students take two days to work through these stations.  These stations include all of the student notes that they need and any related activities.  Right now students are working through these stations in any order in any group they make.  My goal is to, one day soon, create my own groups for the students based on their ability levels.  Then I can create some stations that are just for my high achieving students and some just for my lower achieving students.  This is my way of approaching differentiation in the classroom.

Throughout out the year I plan to share the stations that I have come up with and the activities that go along with each.  I will let you know how it goes and look forward to hearing your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment