Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Teaching a new subject - Study.com

When I first started teaching Chemistry after a number of years teaching Biology I was worried that I would remember everything.  I spent the summer reading through the textbooks and review books so that I could bring my skills up to date.  Youtube was another place that I looked for explanations.  I recently learned about Study.com and had I have known about it when I first started teaching Chemistry I'm sure I would have checked it out.

There are a number of different ways to use Study.com, but for this purpose, I would choose to use it as a student because I am looking to learn myself.  There were so many different courses offered at so many different levels.  It ranges from middle school to college and includes everything and every subject in between.

Depending on the subscription level you choose, you will get access to videos, quizzes, personalized support and even college credit.  There is a free trial if you want to check it out for a few days (or try to cram a bunch of videos into those days, lol).  I suggest checking it out if you are curious about what it's like.  Study.com is also offering my readers 20% their first month if you join via this link.

Do you think this is something that would be helpful to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment