Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Phases of the Moon Webquest

Last week I had some of my students complete a phases of the moon webquest. I say some of my students, because I have been differentiating my classroom assignments and so not all students do every assignment as they are at different levels.

What I like about this is that it hits many learning styles. PBS has a great site that is included in the webquest. You can check this out here. After I had the students go through that with some questions they moved onto to drawing the phases of the moon. I like to think of it as a cross between a little doodling and coloring. It's an easy task to let the kids feel like they are getting a break. The whole activity ends with students looking up what the phase of the moon on the day that they were born. A site like this can be used.

Feel free to take this idea and make it your own, but if you would like to get the one that I made up you can find it on Syllabuy.

Take a look at my other lessons 
  Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Homeschooler, Not Grade Specific - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment